Thursday 5 January 2012

Being a Man of Action



How easily we draft plans….

I will wake up at 5am…
Study at least 12 hours when exam is nearing…
On other days I will study at least 6 hours after work!!!
I will maintain a journal recording the events of my life…
I will never loose my temper…
I will exercise everyday, at least for an hour…
I will watch less of television…
……………………………………………………..
…………………………………………………….
I will start reading books…
I will not take elevator. Instead will take the stairs…

But,
The very next day we will come out with tons of excuses…
Thursday is not auspicious day. Therefore, I will start from Friday…
Sunday is a holiday. So cannot stick to plans…
The Television serial is reaching its climax. So cannot miss it…
There is enough time to prepare for exams. Why should I hurry and over-load myself!!!

And…
What not!!!!

Ralph Waldo Emerson was an American essayist, lecturer, and poet. He led the Transcendentalist movement of the mid-19th century.  The core belief of transcendentalists' was the inherent goodness of both man and nature. Transcendentalists believed that society and its institutions - particularly organized religion and political parties - ultimately corrupted the purity of the individual. They had faith that man is at his best when they are truly "self-reliant" and independent.

He once quoted that:
“AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY”

How easy to draft plans…
And how difficult to stick to it!!!
So…
Plan realistically…
Act pragmatically…
Success is in the favor of those who act according to their words…

Be a man of actions…
Be a man who sticks to his words!!!
Let the action speak louder than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment