Tuesday 20 March 2012

Its my Bro's Birthday...




I wanted him…
To be around me
To pull my legs
To buy me such gifts which according to parents are wasteful spending
To remind me that I may look grown up, but from heart I am not

I wanted him…
To safeguard me
To punch the road side Romeos
To cuddle like a teddy bear
To discuss problems and crack poor jokes


I wanted him badly in my life…
To be in his shadow
To hug him tight and feel safe
To have petty fights
To cry for lame matters and thus, get things done

Yes…  I really wanted to have a brother. But, I did not have one by blood. So, as a young child, I created an imaginary big brother and lived in an imaginary World with him. I felt really happy.

I did have cousins. But, they had their own siblings to pour their love upon. And, all other guys were interested in the other aspects of relationship more than brotherhood, irrespective of how old they are!

Finally, I got someone…
It was now I happened to see him – The one who has now graduated as my little brother…  I tied him Rakhi – the holy thread – and he vowed to play the role of a brother…
 Thus, I got him… He managed to fulfill many of my urges…

To be around me
To pull my legs

Finally, I got someone…
To safeguard me
To punch the road side Romeos

Finally, I got someone…
To buy me such gifts which according to parents are wasteful spending
To discuss problems and crack poor jokes

Finally, I got someone…
To have petty fights with him
To remind me that I may look grown up; but from heart I am not

He is younger to me. So… some of my desires are still unfulfilled. He is not related to me by blood. So again there remain a few other unfulfilled wishes. Yet now… I am ecstatic.

They say blood is thicker than water. But, at times, it is more about how you see a relationship. It is said that beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. Similarly, a form of relationship also lies in the way we see it. For me, he is my little brother; a person who fills vacuum felt because of not having a brother by birth; and the feelings are mutual.

Hence, it kills when some people fail to understand the sanctity of such a relationship. For them a girl and a boy can only be in one relationship – that of love! I pity them. Haven’t they heard of blood related siblings harassing each other? Marrying each other? I know that sounds disgusting for most of us. But, that is a reality. Haven’t they heard of stories where siblings live with vengeance? That is why I said a relationship is in how we want it.


In short….
I am very happy today…
It is my informally adopted brother’s birthday today…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO….

Anyways…
The World is free to criticize
And we are free to live a life which is righteous…

Indeed…
A kind of life where no one is hurt…
Where all is well…

After all…
Life is all about giving and sharing love


Besides…
I can have a peaceful death…
At least my soul would not roam around due to this unfulfilled desire of having a brother !!!

1 comment:

  1. hey friend ..
    ur post is really so cute..:)
    even i have faced the same kinda feeling.. but now i too hav a cute lil brotha who is not blood related to me... but still "cheers" we both got a brotha for whom we longed for...:)

    ReplyDelete