Friday 27 April 2012

Sayonara...



I knew that I am a Chartered Accountant. I also knew that I was working for one of the top audit firms in the World. Yet I was scared…
I was scared to take up responsibilities. I was unsure of the expectations and doubted if I could meet them at all. I wondered how my colleagues would be. I did not know how to maintain stone face during most part of the day.
But, my office mates and the office per se startled me. I was taken aback by the friendly atmosphere and the people there. I decided to get accustomed to them and move on with ease.

It was now that my manager asked me to move to Thiruvananthapuram, kerala for an audit. The Company’s name sounded too alien to me and it scared me to death. I felt confused and uncertain. Thus, I headed towards my client’s office on a sunny afternoon – On 5th March, 2012

Days started to pass by…

I was still scared… I was still confused…
I observed that people there were more or less like me. They cracked jokes. They laughed. They were working under stringent deadlines. Yet, they were enjoying it with a sweet smile. I fell in love with the place.

The DGM – Finance started to complain that I am so silent. I smiled within. However, I could not utter a word.

More days passed by….

I started interacting with them. They became an inevitable part of my life. Especially, the Executive accountant there! He reminded me of my senior and he interacted more like a friend.

Oops!
And yes, there was one madam -  I loved her. I really believe that she would have been a great teacher. That is how she talks; strict!!!

Oh… they made me feel at home…
There were times when we used to work for 12-15 hours. The friendly atmosphere maintained there made things very simple and loveable!!!

And… what more?
The mouth watering buffets…
Royal service at the lodging…
Mandatory ice cream on a daily basis…
Almost 24*7 air conditioning and the shivering caused by it…

That conference room
That really old driver uncle…
The uncertainty of getting the ticket confirmed
Those weekend roaming and shopping…

Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple...

Oh…
The list is never ending…
I am really going to miss this place…
Miss the people…
Miss the routine!!!

I can never forget this place… The audit here has been an experience that I would cherish… A kind of first audit that I could narrate to scores of others over so many years to come… With pride!!!

You know what…
I have made umpteen numbers of people to read my blog out of compulsion. I have nagged them till they comment something. But, the gracious DGM Finance voluntarily read my blog and sent a lengthy mail elaborating the positives and the negatives of my blog. That was something completely unexpected. I felt so spellbpound that I could not send a word in reply…

Oh my God…
I can go on and on…
But now… the time has come to really go…
To go away and move on…

Hmmmmm…
But… this place will always remain special…
Very special!!!!

Miss you all…
Miss you Thiruvananthapuram….

PS:
This post is too personal and I dedicate this to my first audit client... Thank for such an awesome kick start!!! I really cannot demad or more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment