Tuesday 10 April 2012

Romancing the Nature...

I would not call myself as a very adventurous person.
I would prefer to hug my teddy bear than to ponder for a real bear!
I would prefer to stay within the ambit of and sweat profusely than to go out and get some air.
I love to walk… But only if I am sure that the path is good enough. I fear that I would fall off balance or sprain my ankle if I walk along uneven paths.
Ah! Photography…. I prefer to take loads of photos of people – loved ones rather; instead of clicking at the bare nature.
I would prefer shopping to adventure.
I would choose shopping to night out.

Yes…. This is how I am!!

But… what I did that weekend was a complete contrast of what I am and what I like!
I was outwitted myself…
I went there cursing the holy heaven…
But, then as I came back, I thanked the heaven; which seemed to be holier than ever!!!

What I did???? ^-^

Well, as a part of office tour, I was dragged to Masanagudi, Nilgiris!!!

After watching the horrific movie – The King and the Commissioner – my eyelids were pleading me to spare it. So slept off in spite of all the fun my colleagues were having.

And….

When I opened my eyes… I saw…




I was bowled over…  I fell in love with that place on that very moment. Yup! You may call it love at first sight. There was mist all around. Yet it eradicated the mist within my heart. The serenity made me think in a wider angle. It made me understood that life always surprises and the World around is a gift package. It is too huge a gift that we need to unwrap regularly instead of being content with whatever is seen.








We were then, taken in a jeep ride which lead us to a resort named Inn the Wild. It was literally in the wild; amidst of dense forest. Cute little huts like rooms were allotted for us….









This was our bed spread... A romance with the wild!!!


That evening, I was bathed with the nature’s beauty. I wanted to capture more ans more. I saw the shades of Mother Earth through the setting Sun.  










I wonder what these leaves are! Very different…




The most tantalizing view ever… reflection of setting Sun… Oh! It gives so many hopes…. And fills mind with peace… It makes me wonder if Sun would ever get tiered… Ever get bored… It does the same task everyday… Yet… It does its work dutifully!!! A salute to you…








Next day… Early morning we were all set for the trekking… It was a pleasant climate there… As if we were in a well air conditioned room with bird’s chirps as the with soft music... We walked through the jungle…
It is an experience that I will cherish for a life time…





As the forest is getting denser and denser





There was Safari too…
On Day 1 we went in the evening and on Day 2, we went past night…
The silence of the jungle and the occasional sound made by some animal…
A group of dears and majestic elephants…
Cute little peacocks and what not!
A real experience! I have never been so close to nature… And that 2 hours journey through the dense forest with darkness engulfing us will be a story that I would never forget to narrate to my grandchildren…


Thus… Started my everlasting romance with nature!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment