Sunday 5 August 2012

Happy Friendship Day


Friendship…
A strange relationship, isn’t it??

There are scores of people in this World. We see them all around us. We interact with some. We would be with some. But, very few, rather handful of them only qualify to be close to us. Out of them, very few becomes really close to us… like soul mates… like a part of us… like a dimension of our identity… And we call them “friends”

Friends are people with whom we spend most of the time. They are the people to whom we confine things. They are the people with whom we remain as we are. They understand that we are a little too eccentric. They smile when we lose our cool because they know too well that it will pass off soon. They understand our silence. I really don’t know how, but they understand the unspoken words. They motivate us. They pat on our shoulders. They offer reassurance. They give us comfort.

I have no words for the feeling that a pat on shoulder… a squeeze on hand… a smile with a twinkle on eyes…

Those gossips… those giggles… those tears of joys… those tears of grief shared reducing the intensity of pain… that sms saying you love me… that phone call you made in the middle of night to check if I am really studying or if I am asleep… the way you stood awake with me and made me study… that tiny present you got me… that hug you shared with me on the D-day of my life… that confidence you never lost in me… that faith and belief that you always had in me… that trust always you have in me…

I really don’t understand how you believed in me and accepted my offer to be my pillion on my scooty. I was just learning and I was still on my second day of it…

I cannot forget those days when you waited for me accepting all the sun’s menacing rays to take me to school… those days when you offered my bicycle and let me ride it… that day when you rushed behind me to ensure that I am feeling alright…

Dear friends…
I am so fortunate to have you all in my life. You are all precious. Many have come... many have gone… Very few still stay. But, let me tell you… the fragrance that you left is still felt all around me. You have left a part of you in me and my memories constitute your essence too…

And hey friends!!!
Happy friendship day…

On a personal front…
And a special wishes and a tight hug coupled with ample kisses to my first friend… my mother
A stamp on the foot and kudos to my longest friend… Vikas
And a tight hug to my unofficial twin… Eachu
Love you all…
Thanks for being there for me…
You mean a lot to me…
I don’t know about others… But your absence would bring vacuum to my life… It would snatch sanity from me… It would steal my happiness… And I would have no one to whom I could wish “Happy Friendship Day”

No comments:

Post a Comment