Monday 20 August 2012

Six month of employment…



Six month of employment…
Six months of financial independence…
Six months of professional identity…

And today, I am wondering am I really happy? I could hear my heart crying out, “NO”. Amn’t I supposed to feel happy? Amn’t I supposed to enjoy all the luxuries… the wide platter of yummy tasting food… Amn’t I supposed to rejoice that no need to scream for ice cream? 

But, I am totally fed up… Is life all this?  

Typing on the laptop… tapping on the laptop… hugging the laptop… holding the laptop… Ouch! Is laptop life? Can it really fill the vacuum we feel? Can it substitute the solitude of staying away from parents… friends and loved ones??

Six months of employment
I really don’t know… There is unlimited online access… There are many online friends… But not a single one who would look into my eyes and study what it is saying…

Six months of employment…
Half a year went by… Was it well spent? I really don’t know… Met so many people… Travelled a lot… Now I am more like a hippie… I am always on rail or on road… Indeed… sometimes I do fly high…

Six months of employment…
I am missing my ammaji… her food… her love… her care…
I am missing my appaji… his laughter… that twinkle in his eyes…
I am missing my pep plus… Those joy rides and familiar roads…
I am missing my home… That comfort it gives…
I am missing myself… My identity… My childishness.. My carelessness…
I am missing my life… Everything about it!!!

Six months of employment…
Too short a span of time to conclude…
But, it has been long enough to let me know who really cares for me…

Six months of employment…
I may be enjoying… I could actually enjoy the freedom…
But, loneliness is such a slow poison.. I wish that I am not a victim…
I wish for a life filled with love and surrounded by love ones…
I really wish for a life - My kind of a life…
Full of fun!!!
Filled with drama…
Lots of talking….
Tons of laziness…

Six months of employment…
Here I am….
Ouch! I am searching myself…
I am missing myself…

2 comments:

  1. You have summed up the pathos of every modern day employee .... life today is not what it should be !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm ...Sad!:(...Many employees are going through this......I wish you would spend some quality time with your friends and family....Take care...

    ReplyDelete