Friday 5 October 2012

Little Joys


I am sitting on the railings... Anticipating a bus! I am in a super excited mood... Its friday after all... I am going home... But the local bus is just not coming... I need to reach the railway station...And... I also need to kill some time!


So here i am gazing here and there... Many youngsters are hurling with their bulging backpack... The excitement in their face and the energy emitted as they stride reemphasizes that they are going home... Or at least that they are going to let their hair down... Its weekend!


I don’t know why? I don’t know if only I am like this... I keep looking forward for Friday... My manager commented, "You always think about going home" I did not reply. I knew he was in a foul mood. I also knew that there is nothing wrong in looking forward to go home...


We humans need food... Shelter and love... And home is one package that gives all that. The pleasure of being oneself and carefree about the surroundings is unexplainable.


Simple food cooked by mother... Pocket money given by father... Little chats with neighbors... An evening out with friends... A random movie on a lazy afternoon... These are real joys... And I crave for these joys... I keep going because these joys rejuvenate me...


And… yet another Friday here… Reminding me of all the good times that the weekend would promise…

1 comment: