Monday 1 October 2012

Octavus October

Here comes a new month with new promises... Hopes... And festivals of course!

October is a very special month... The first man in my life was born in this month… He held me in his hands... And then he held me by hand... He walked with me clutching to my tiny fingers... Now he stands by me and ensures that I stride with confidence... He molded me as a very independent person and he ensured that I am capable of taking the right decisions... He persuaded me... He made me a chartered accountant... And... He is my father! Love you appaji...

October... Reminds me of Navarathri and bommakolu... Dazzling accessories... Silk saris and pattu paavadai... Chundal and kadalai... Oh! Mouth watering bommakolu bakshanam... Loads of get together and tons of fun… I can’t wait anymore…

And this month, my beloved Pep+ will attract everyone’s attention. And same is the case with my first love – Ladybird cycle. Both of them will be overhauled and cleaned until they gleam. They will be adorned with garlands… Crimson and sandal paste will adorn their body. They look divine – Like my divine chariot! After all… Aayudha pooja is a day dedicated to them…

October is also a good time to start learning something new; especially to start from Vidyarambam day… Here I am hoping to start learning stitching and embroidery. My mother is a pioneer in them. But I have been so lazy. As they say, better late than never! So hoping to carry forward the legacy… And dear God! Give me patience…

This October… I am going to take baby steps towards becoming a teacher… I have taken classes to my friends. But, never once formally! I am totally nervous; yet very excited… Poor students! Or will I emerge as a star teacher… Let the time tell…

And… And I will be a proud beaming mother… Well, my baby blog would turn a year old on 26th day… I am unable to believe that a year has passed… I still remember that lazy Diwali afternoon… After a lengthy visits to temples in new dress… After a hearty feast…After watching all the special programs in television, I sat in front of my system… And by coffee time in the evening, my baby blog was born… Such an enthralling moment it was! I remember calling my parents and showing my creation… But that was a year before… I still can’t believe that…

As I write this post, I realize that there are so many tunes attached to this particular month… Each tune suites perfectly to the mood…

So I am going to call October an octavus month…

After all… my father… my mother… my desire to learn… my thirst to read… my passion to write… my sweet yet supposedly crazy blog… teaching… make me who I am.. The Octaves of my life!!!

So… here I welcome the Octavus October… To compose more music with the octal notes!!!

2 comments:

  1. As usual Simple, cute, Joyful and leaves a feeling of happiness in the minds of reader.. Good Work Dear.. Carry On...

    ReplyDelete