Wednesday 24 October 2012

Writer's Block



My blog's first anniversary is in three days and here I am going through writer's block. For the past three days I have been struggling to write something. Almost all the ideas that pop up in my mind seem to be worthless. I either feel like I have talked enough about that subject or feel like I am just being redundant!

There are at least half a dozen of topics that I have abandoned half way. It is not because I find my write up boring but because I am lack clarity. I am unable to focus and control my thought flow.

I start thinking so as to grab an idea to pen a poem... But then, I realize that my poem seems more like a prose and sounds less poetic...

So much has happened over the last few weekends. Yet I am unable to comprehend them and present under weekend muse...

Already I am deluged by too many thoughts... Some crazy... Some random... Some boring... Some annoying... Some philosophical... But nothing novel!

I tried in vain to come up with a micro-fiction - My latest love. But my write up comes out more like a short story than a micro story...

I am scared now... Have I become handicapped as a writer? Am I a writer at all? I wonder what would be the life span of the blogger/writer in me...

I miss my dear friend – My imagination! I feel like she has stopped talking to me. I am missing her so much that I am feeling secluded. I want her back in my life, with full zeal.

My heart says it can’t go through this Himalayan confusion... It is asking me to stop fussing around and catch some sleep... But my adamant mind is thinking hard...

Come on... How can I give up?
When there are miles to before I sleep!

So, on a positive note, I am hoping that this phase is only temperamental... Hence, sooner or later I should be getting something to write that would interest me...

Until then let me engage myself in editing and cropping my posts that are kept incomplete…

Ouch! Too many works to do...
So Locomente signing off! 

2 comments:

  1. Almost every writer goes through this phase dear....All I can say is don't put pressure on yourself to write something....We write better when our thoughts naturally flow...Just take a break...Go out!...Enjoy natures beauty...Observe things going around...Enjoy music and listen deeply to the lyrics...Read other people works...You mi8 get new ideas to write something....All these things helped me to come out of writers block....Hope they help you too!....All the best!

    ...and Happy Blogoversay in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens with every one ... but just write something ... you may feel its stupid, but believe me, writing really helps you overcome the block !!!

    ReplyDelete