Sunday 9 December 2012

In Search of Sunshine

How I wish that I could relive my past once again... How I wish that the Sun shines again in my life... How great those days were... How much fun those days brought... Was it love that made life worth living? Or was it you who made the life worthy enough...

Those days spent awaiting your phone call... Those days spent staring at the wall and trying to get inspired so that I could pen down something to you... Those days when I used to anxiously wait to get your comments on the letter I had written... Those days when I thrived for your semester holidays to come so that we could meet...

Those sunny days, warm and mesmerizing... Those mellow rays, enchanting and loving... That sun kissed days... Those Sun bathed days... Where have they faded? Why is it so clouded now? Why darkness has become integral?

Those scintillating smile and captivating eyes... How can I ever forget? Your disheveled jet black hair and manly voice... How much I miss them? Where has the melody in life gone? Why is it melancholy everywhere?

Has the sun set or am I just hiding in the dark? Will the sun ever rise or should I get accustomed to the moonlight?

I opened my eyes and looked around… There was a traffic jam. People driving looked irritated. The passengers and pillions looked frustrated. They looked helpless and hapless. I was one among them too. My music player continued to play the random songs. I smiled at myself when a tiny droplet of tear escaped my eyes.  This ordeal is a routine now. His memories and my past always bring mixed feelings. I feel happy for the past, sad about the present and uncertain about the future. I

I continued to think… I really don’t know if I can ever pardon you... For loving me... For leaving me... For not living with me...

I also don’t know if I can ever stop loving you... I really don’t understand if I can ever forget you...

I pushed these thoughts off my mind. I looked at the road and there I saw him… He looked exactly the same way he looked ten years before. His eyes sparkled with love. I wanted to hug him then and there.

I heard my mobile ring. It was my brother working 1667 kilometers away from me asking when I will reach home. He asked me to come online at night so that we could video chat. I smiled realizing that it has been months since seeing him. I felt excited.

The memories of sunlight got replaced by the fond memories of my brother… This is how simple life can be, isn’t it?

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing tht today I had also written a post regarding few memories of me n my brother... They r so special...

    ReplyDelete