Thursday 28 February 2013

When I Cry...



Sometimes when I am alone, I cry. The tiny hot droplets of tears escape my eyes and run down my cheeks. Its warm touch would be soothing as if someone is tenderly caressing me. When I close my eyes I don’t see darkness. Instead I see colors. Colors of my life… Myself and the colors left by so many others in my life. Some will be vibrant shades whereas some will be as nude as black. The brighter colors would bring a tiny smile in my face while black makes me cry more.

I hug my knees and cry further. My crazy-mind-coupled-with-not-so-crazy-instincts would take me on a tour. It would take me along the roads I travelled. Some roads would be beautiful and some would be full of pits. The journey would showcase the roads that paved to divine happiness and those that led to acute depression.

Then, I lay on the bed with my face immersed into the pillow. This time silence would engulf me. I observe my rhythmic breathing pattern and get lost in a World of my own. That World will be full of people I love(d). They look exactly how I remember them (How I want to remember them rather).

As my dear friend named tears starts fading, I start dozing off. It is always hard to say a proper goodbye to my friend. She is my true reflection. I can never cheat her. She knows when I need her and has never once left my side.

Yes! She has always been there for me. When I failed… when he left… When I succeeded… When he came… When she said “Bye”… When they all said they love me…

Oh yes! She has always been there for me. Sometimes she would come like a drop that would escape an improperly closed tap. At times she would come like the downpour sent from heaven. At times, her kiss would mesmerize me and let me feel the eternal happiness. That kiss would be fierce yet passionate; as if from a lover. And many a times, it would hurt me. It would make me feel uncomfortable and grief stuck; as if being kissed by a stranger.

But then, sometimes when I am alone and I cry, I would feel at peace. I would forget the loneliness and get transported to a World of my own, filled with people I love(d).

As a part of Carry On Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. I can relate this to me in so many ways.
    Nicely written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful written dear! I loved the flow in which you described crying sitting alone...

    ReplyDelete