Monday 25 March 2013

Nostalgic and Unapologetic


I sit back and look back…
Those good old days…
Those verdant memories…
Mother’s love and school friends…

I am rewinding my life…
And travelling down the memory lane…

Those days of childish innocence… Girlish giggles...
Slowly those beautiful days came in my mind…

I remember my braids…
Those colorful ribbons cross my mind.
I rewind those moments when my mother used to patiently tie my hair.

I am still thinking… The topic has made me totally nostalgic. The beautiful part is that I am unable to write anything. I am missing my childhood days and so many memories are passing in my mind.

I agree that this is one of the posts where I have done a commendably bad job. But I am feeling unapologetic about it. After all, I am reliving my past. I am transported to those days at school… I am able to envision myself in that uniform. Wait! I have just found out something… My first uniform and last one’s color was chocolate brown… That’s quite a revelation… And that fact awes me!

Now their faces are flashing in my mind… My first friend… I should have been five years old then… She was crying in the classroom. It was her first day for her and everyone were strangers. She was a Tamilian and hence she couldn’t follow Kannada. That afternoon I remember going to her and talking in Tamil. I know… This happened two decades before. But the memory is still fresh in my mind. I remember her smile… Such a cute girl she was… Today I am missing her… I don’t know where she is or how she is… But I still remember her… My first friend!

Smile creeks in my face when I think about her… I remember fighting in that school playground. We even hit each other and that warning from our school Vice Principal still scares me. We would have been eight years old. And we used to hate each other. That was indeed menacing. My first enemy!

And I remember that guy who daringly looked at me and said, “I love you”. I should have been fourteen years old. He should have been sixteen. I also remember that he gave me a love letter. Me being me, I handed over it to the teachers. Ouch! Now I remember how his friends came and yelled at me. They were all tall and man enough. But I yelled back and stood strong. My first proposal!

The topic was as simple as how beautiful those braids used to look… But the resulting memories matrix is something complex yet beautiful. Even today, I love to braid my hair. It is easy to manage and very comfortable during summer.

To confess, I know I have blabbered. I may have written something totally irrelevant to the context. But I have to admit that I enjoyed this process. I am feeling nostalgic and as I said I am unapologetic!

Enjoy silky smooth braids and celebrate the child in you… Yes! The child is still there in you… Your body only grows up…Not your mind…

Cheers to those good old innocent childhood days!!
And cheers to Dove and Indiblogger for such an amazing topic…

No comments:

Post a Comment