Friday 10 May 2013

An Intoxicated Night...!



Whiskey… Brandy… Rum… Gin… Vodka… Beer… Tequila…  Red and white wine…
She knew the names…

Scotch... Mansion House… Johnny Walker… Bacardi… Smirnoff… Antiquity…
She knew the brands…

She has seen people drinking… Losing control… Dancing… Enjoying solitude… Throwing up… She knew about social-drinking… She has also seen people’s life ruining due to sheer addiction. But she was a teetotaler due to lack of opportunity; not choice.

She longed to taste… And feel the fire on gulping...

One evening, she visited a liquor shop. The sheer variety confused her. She was excited too.
She chose Chivas Regal…
An intoxicated night followed…!

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm... good but only if she drinks under supervision and control ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I can't decide if I am excited for her or not. Guess it depends if she's an alcoholic, which I couldn't tell for sure... Either way, delightful tell of the drinking world, you really made me feel like I was there. Hmm, maybe I should be, it is Friday night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...
      So hoping that you had a remarkable Friday night!

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering if she'll find the hangover as delightful. :-)

    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might... After all, it was her choice...

      Delete
  4. I'm wondering with Janet if she spent the next morning hanging her head over the bowl of reflection.
    Shalom,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you set this up with your listing. But I think your character needs a friend to advise her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be... But she dont know anyone there...

      Delete