Friday 28 June 2013

Was it worth it?

http://rochellewisofffields.wordpress.com/

I looked around and then looked down. A tiny droplet escaped my eyes.
“You belong here”, said a voice within and I nodded to myself.

INDIA...

Its crowd... noise...
Jasmine clad hair... five yard saris...
That madness... craziness...
Unity in diversity...
People spitting and pissing on road...
A four-member family squeezed in a two-wheeler...
Honking buses...
And autos of course!

Crazy had been life in a foreign land...
Abandoning the identity, land, family and loved ones for money and professional glory...

Was it worth it?

As the breeze caressed me, I realized what I missed...
And what I wanted!
Always....!!!

13 comments:

  1. I felt your love for the country and its people!

    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You painted a vivid picture. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely story, I heard the noise, smelled the scents - good and bad
    Well done
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Satya,

    I can only echo what's been said. So vivid, your story is almost three dimensional.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Rochelle for your amazing image...

      Delete
  5. Great descriptions of the sight and sounds (and smells) of India. It's a great thing to realize where you belong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good picture of India through your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a really touching piece. and you did a wonderful job with the descriptions... :)

    ReplyDelete