Monday 20 January 2014

Kalpathy Theru Kolam Competition - 2013

K
alpathy Theru and the Kolam competition is indispensable. Kolam competition always excites me. It is an opportunity to analyze ourselves and see how good we are at drawing kolam… how updated we are… how symmetric we draw… how creative we are… Also, it is a platform to learn!

But this year, I didn’t know that date or venue and I missed the event… Sad! Sobs…

However, I managed to sneak a few pictures of the price-winning kolam for you from a neighbor…

I have been following the Kolam competitions for years now. And this time I am worried that contestants are not experimenting. They are sticking to same designs and are reluctant to come out of their comfort zone.

I really wish that new designs are arrived at… Innovations and creativity is not easy, I know… But, its not impossible…

Looking forward for new designs at least next year…

Wondering what I am ranting about?
Check out these links…

All said… here goes the two pictures I managed to get….




No comments:

Post a Comment