Tuesday 15 April 2014

Happy Vishu - 2014


Dear Vishu knocks the door…
Promising a New Year…
Giving hope…
Ensuring that dawn will replace the receding darkness…
Sooner; rather very sooner…
So here we wake up…
With sleepy eyes, yet shimmering with hope…

Vishu is one of my favorite festivals. The Vishu Kani (Refer the image) and the Vishu Kaineettam (A practice where the elders give money to younger ones) and of course, the Vishu kodi (New dress) makes this festival more special.

But this Vishu is very different for me. I am away from my home, country and family (for the first time). And in the morning when I woke up and realized that there is no one around to guide me through the vishu kani, and oh yeah, no vishu kani at all, I felt desolated. Tears started comforting me until my smart phone came in rescue. I went through the vishu kani image sent by my ammaji… zoomed and saw each of the items and then felt better…

And here I am at office… working! Another first time…

Having said that…
I hope you all enjoy today…

Happy Vishu dear readers…

With Love…
Locomente



No comments:

Post a Comment