When I received a comments from Usha madam (Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha) that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, I was overjoyed. But, owing to my professional commitments, I couldn’t be prompt. So apologies madam L
All said, this is what The Liebster Award is all about:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
8. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform nominees that they are nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (They might not have ever heard of it!)
And I have a teeny-weeny concern. The Liebster Award is a joy, a recognition and an invitation to friendship. I request you all to accept the same and write about it. Of course, I know that it is a personal wish at the end of the day. But, I really wish that you accept the award.
So here it goes…
1. What is favorite color?
Black any day! But depending on mood and occasions it could be red or pink as well.
2. How do you see yourself after twenty years?
Happily married… children… Hopefully a book penned by me… A satisfactory professional life too
3. What sort of books you like to read?
Fictions indeed. I like simple and normal stories about people and their lives compared to murder, suspense, mysteries and thrillers!
4. What do you prefer: love marriage or an arranged marriage?
A marriage where there is love and well-approved by our respective parents.
5. Who is your favorite character in TV?
It’s been a long time since I have watched anything in TV. And I have never watched cartoons in my life. So, when I looked at the question, the first TV character that came into my mind was Sundaresan of Krishnadasi serial. It used to be aired in Sun TV at 7:30PM during 2001.
6. What is your hobby?
BLOGGING!!! Reading, movies, painting and recently started paper quilling.
7. Do you like to participate on stage?
I love that. I enjoy the attention and the high it gives.
8. How did you start blogging?
In 2011, when my academic obligations came to an end and when I realized that studying for CA course has taken away all the hobbies I had, I decided to start blogging.
9. How much do like Facebook and Twitter?
I have never really used Twitter. And off late, I have bid adieu to Facebook because it bores me!!!
10. Which Newspaper do you like to read?
I like the entertainment quotient in The Indian Express and the news quotient in The Hindu. Then, The Business Line.
11 Random Facts About myself:
1. I am loner
2. I think a lot
3. I am not money-minded
4. I don’t know to cook
5. I prefer to watch movies alone
6. I don’t mind to travel alone and explore places
7. I am a cleanliness freak
8. I am a shopaholic
9. I enjoy collecting watches and I aim to own at least 100 watches when I die
10. I believe that time is the best healer... That nothing really ends in life and no one would really leave anyone… And I also believe that everything is preplanned and happens for a good reason!
11. I always wanted to be a Chartered Accountant and when I became one, I felt like there is nothing more that I expect in life; rather I would accept whatever is thrown at me!
I nominate the following:
1. Amrit Sinha
3. P.S. Joshi
My questions for Nominees:
1. Story behind your blog name
2. Your favorite book and why
3. Favorite color
4. As a child what you wanted to be when you grew up
5. Your dream holiday destination
6. Coke or Pepsi?
7. Facebook or Twitter
8. Your mother tongue
9. Favorite quote
10. Your birthday
11. Favorite number and why