Tuesday 19 July 2016

Creative Epiphany

L
ast morning, I woke up with an epiphany – Parents should teach some form of creative arts to their children. It could be anything from dancing to singing, playing sports to musical instruments, painting to creative writing. Of course, they should also be encouraged to read!

With a few years of professional life, I have realized that such arts and hobbies are important to keep myself sane and keep me going. My performance appraisal doesn’t make me happy anymore. But, my paintings and writing do. I might be able to travel many places and meet different people as a part of my profession. But, the joy of meeting fictional characters and travelling with them gives an indescribable joy.

Today, I am more than thankful for my parents because they encouraged me to write, when I couldn’t find a word to save my life. They gave me a paintbrush in my hands when I had no idea what I was doing. I was taken to several stages and was forced to give dance performance (though I am not a trained one). Once in a while, it helps me to let my hair loose and move to the beats.

At the end of day, I smile as I down off to sleep. Because I have done something I enjoyed. I didn’t do it to please anyone.  So, there were no criticisms or cynicisms from anyone. I was in no pressure to perform or to deliver my best. I was allowed to enjoy the process and spend some time doing something for myself.


So, I reiterate, please teach some creative art to your children. They will thank you for that throughout their lives.

16 comments:

  1. Yes, Yes. But when the fingers are always engaged fiddling wit the keyboard of the lap top or the mobile where the hell can one find time for creative art?Let alone just simple pleasures of Nature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats always there... Challenge lies in dragging them out of it!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with your epiphany.
    That will make a multifaceted child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. and that would be the best gift for the child!

      Delete
  3. ... awesome article, friend L ... I can relate ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true. children must be encouraged in extra curricular along with their academics. well said, Loco. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following our passion and doing things we like always gives us inner peace. It calms us down and soothes our soul!
    Glad that your parents always supported you :) Just a little support can do wonders to us, right?

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well said... And that's all matters I guess!

      Delete
  6. Creation of the mind recreates and refreshes one.Nice version.

    ReplyDelete