Thursday 25 August 2016

Let me Fly!

Every night, I lie down and miss Locomente. I miss those crazy days when I used to write something-anything every day. Those were the days when I was able to dream, think and express them through words. I wonder why I don’t write anything anymore. Is it writer’s block – a convenient excuse? Or laziness – a bitter truth? Or of course, my indifference – the stark reality?

So, for a change, tonight, I decided to let the thoughts flow through my words. I didn’t switch off the lights to drift into vacuum. Instead, I turned on my laptop and forced to write. That’s the beauty about habits. A gentle nudge – tada! You are back on the track!

Isn’t is funny how something so dear to you gets estranged over a period of time? Is that the essence of evolution? Or is it the mere question of what next! We humans have a tendency to eternally search for something we don’t have. Often, we are unhappy with what we have; something we have lovingly built over time. The quest is never ending and generally frustrating.

For many days, words were my identity. Eventually, I let the camera lens weave magic. Off late, I wanted to create something in canvas. Thus, life moves on. New things will come and old passion remains as sweet memories. But, is letting go so easy? Is moving on as simple as it sounds? Is change the only underlying certainty?

I have only questions and more questions. Most of them answered with another question. The endless loop coils and suffocates me. “Don’t think so much”, says an inner voice. But hey! Who has ever cared about that voice? As usual, it goes unheard.

Tonight, I decided that I will start again. With new vigor and passion. After all, every new day is a new promise. It is a new opportunity to rewrite the sentence called our life and choices differently. Chuck the past. Forget the apprehensions about future. Because as we know, this moment is all we have. To end in a filmy style, “Kal Ho Na Ho”. Who knows if there is a tomorrow? So, let me not procrastinate anymore. Let me not feed slow poison to my dreams and murder it in the name of routine life. Let me not cripple myself by injuring my wings. Let me fly high!!!!

PS: This is my 1500th post... Way to go before I sleep!

17 comments:

  1. Good post . Very true . Many times I have felt only kolams and movie reviews in ur blog . Even I thought y only these topics . Anyhow that's great that you made yourself write something. Way to go . Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear... I dont remember the last time I wrote something. The poems you see are all written and scheduled several months before... I feel bad for neglecting Locomente; for not reading friend's blogs and for not replying to the comments... But I will be good going forward. I promise!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha that's ok ! Promise is a big word . Finding time in this busy world is difficult . I understand

      Delete
  2. !500 is a mind boggling figure.Who says writer's block,ennui or indifference for a person who has written so prolifically.It is good that you have bestirred yourself now to write regularly.Congratulations on achieving a significant milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot GP... Nice to read your comments after a long time... Soon I shall be visiting your blog... Time to get rid off laziness!

      Delete
  3. 1500!! Awesome! Congratulations! And you know what, just last night I had a thought in my mind about you and no update on your blog from a long time, and see today I see your post! That's connection!! :D

    We all suffer from this phase. And I do it all the time. Just take pen paper/laptop and start writing whatever comes to your mind. Let the thoughts flow, don't edit them, don't budge them, if they're random, let them, just write them. I'm sure you'll get back on track :)

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thats really awesome to know... Heart connects :)
      Thanks Geets :)

      Delete
  4. 1500 posts is a huge number! You can't be lazy if you were able to write so much! Congratulations and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolzz.. I try to think that way too when I force to write :P

      Delete
  5. I don't know how our why this motivation got enlightened in you all of a sudden. However I feel that you are motivated always and this is a milestone to achieve for you. 1500 is good lot number.

    One more this is that your writing a blog was an expression of yourself using words
    Now you do the same thing by using your art of painting. It's like we look for the ways to express ourselves that may by through anything...

    Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sourav... You always say positive things... A source of motivation... Now you know :D

      Delete
  6. Way to go!
    I'll await your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post does not tell about any kind of block, 'writers block'. The words seem to be flowing. Perhaps as you said a slight nudge and it is on again. Pretty, neat, short post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It so happens that busy households hold us back from pouring our thoughts from mind to the'Word'.Anyway don't stop and continue.Nicely worded.

    ReplyDelete