Wednesday 10 January 2024

An Ode to Wake Up Sid - Movie

As i type this, I am watching Wake Up Sid movie for the nth time. But it's only today I am realising how I am influenced by the movie. The yellow wall... The wing chair... The basket swing... Fairy lights... Most importantly, having a career and a home that's all self made. I have never recognised myself with Ayesha before until today. She is an aspiring writer. She is a technically grown up girl with a child's heart. Oh god! These inferences... How did i not notice before? In fact she has bird motifs on the wall and I had elephants. This is strangely coincidental and crazy awesome! And why do I think Ayesha has some serious borderline OCD?! Anyways, i remember seeing my first home that i rented from my money and thinking to myself, "this is home!" I don't live there anymore yet there is something "home"  about that place that no other place has. There were tons of firsts there.. Paying bills responsibly for the first time. Buying furnitures for the first time. Trying to cook and burning food as well as fingers... Hosting parties and having friends as well as family around... This was also the place that made me realise i am crazy about interior designing! There were tons of firsts and a few lasts too... and i was like Ayesha... Scared to travel.. step out of comfort zone.. today I am proud to say I am a solo traveller. I was also a girl in several new cities... And some countries too for a brief stint.. I was terrified yet i managed to make them home. But then i am also like Sid... Doing a desk job while i am fully aware that i am meant for more creative jobs... But then... I ignore those thoughts... And focus on the realisation - can some movies influence us without us even realising that? Most importantly, remain relevant! Honestly, I have watched Alaipayuthe at least 100s of times. But i don't relate to anything at all now.. Wake up Sid rings a bell though... Highly recommend if you are a young adult or a young adult at heart!

1 comment:

  1. Hahhaha, U know i felt this with songs as well. Sometimes u fell u have heard the song and never connected with it, however, at times or phase when U listen to a song it becomes so relatable.

    ReplyDelete