Friday 26 January 2024

Animal - Not a Movie Review

I just finished watching this saga called Animal - The Sandeep Vanga Reddy's movie. I am struggling to blink my eyes and my head feels heavy. I am even unable to move. This is the impact i have despite watching it in a small screen at my home. 
I remember having a similar feeling after watching Arjun Reddy. I vividly remember watching the movie in my phone while I was in the railway station. The train was delayed and I was bored. The OTTs were a new thing and I was excited to explore something that could keep me distracted. But then I was hooked to the movie. I continued watching it after boarding into the train. And i couldn't sleep. I was so dazed that I even got down in a wrong station! 
Sandeep Vanga Reddy has a knack in story telling and the presentation. He knows how to keep his audience invested in the characters and tales he tells. He even made me watch the gruesome violent scenes without batting my eyelids. I mean i really close my eyes usually! Whether you like his movies or agree with the portrayal or characters is a different thing. All I can tell you is that he knows what he is doing there. I mean look at him - in the day and age where people's attention span is coming down, he comes with a movie that is 3 hours and 24 minutes long! I started watching it post lunch and see, it's dinner time already. What a maverick movie maker. His quirky choice of BGMs, alpha male portrayal and equally crazy women around is just spellbinding. I am so spellbound that I can't stop ranting about it. Crazy, right? 

This weekend, you know what you should be doing - Animal is streaming in Netflix. I mean if you haven't experienced it in theatres already. 

This isn't a movie review. Animal is an experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment