Sunday 14 October 2012

Dear Appaji...


The first man of my life... The one who held me in his hands... The one who held my little fingers and taught me to walk... The one who stood beside me saw me walk... The one who infused confidence in me... The one who made me what I am today...

My father... It is his birthday today... And here I am wishing him..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY..!!

Like any other child... My father is my first hero... It may sound clichéd. But that is fine. He is the best dad ever in the World...

My relatives say that my dad used to always pamper me... Always carry in me in his arms...

My father has deadly road fear... But he never stopped me from riding a bicycle... He gifted me my sweet pep plus when I turned 18years old... He is the one who compelled me to take up car driving lessons...

Then, everyone who knows him knows that he is a very short tempered person. I have seen him loose temper too... But never once at me! I have inherited that from him though... And whenever I shriek at the top of my voice, he would maintain his cool... I wonder how he manages to do that...

Failure leads us towards reality. It shows us who loves us really and who really care for us... I have tasted failure too. It made me stronger. It helped me see the World through different eyes... It showed me that pit falls are a part of life... It also taught me one important lesson... Climbing up from the pit can be simpler if somebody stands up there... Motivating us… Asking us to be cautious and reminding that he will not let me fall again... It increases our confidence and their support would make us perform better... The pain may still be there... But their love, support and protection made me rise against all the odds... When the World doubted if I had really worked hard... When the World commented that I would not have strived hard... It was my dad who came in rescue... He protested that he has seen me working hard and dreaming high... It was his confidence that flowed into me...

I am so thankful to the Super power which gifted me with awesome parents... They are progressive... They have faith in me... It is that faith which has made me what I am today...

After all... He has changed himself for me... He has made loads of adjustments so that I am happy. May be every father is like that. Or maybe I don’t know that  or maybe I don’t want to know either.

In spite of all this, he remains as an unsung hero. Mothers outshine fathers. Children fail to understand that fathers may be less expressive compared to mothers, but their love is no less. Yesterday, I happened to travel in a local bus. There was a 3 years old baby boy. The bus was crowded. The father got a seat. But, the mother didn’t. She made the boy sit with his father and started to walk towards to the ladies portion of the bus. That’s it! The boy started crying at the pitch of the voice. The mother was left with no options. She walked all the way past the crowd and got hold of the baby boy. She was still standing and held him in her arms. His cry vanished instantly and he started doodling with her chain! Mothers… The cutest indeed! And… The story is not over. The moment they got out of the bus, the father grabbed the son and held him in his hands. Fathers… The best indeed… With limitations though. Thanks to all the mothers!

And my father… Best among the best…
Love you appaji…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY once again! 

2 comments: