Tuesday 24 December 2013

A Rangoli that died fast!




I was super excited that evening…
I practiced the Kolam…
Then searched for the color powder that was stacked somewhere…
My amma was busy with tuitions. Yet shamelessly bothered her…
It was four in the evening….
And the Sun was mercilessly blazing…
But I was not ready to give up!!

I completed the rangoli in a record 1.5 hour’s time.
My neighbors and several strangers congratulated me.
They said that it looked awesome.
I was all smiles.

I was in the cloud nine…
Until I noticed that it was getting cloudy..
And alas!
Soon, it started drizzling.

I rushed inside for the digicam
And took a few snaps…
By which time, the rain became denser…
And I saw my dear rangoli being washed out by rain…

My eyes welled up…
But I consoled myself…

Locomente hai na!

No comments:

Post a Comment