Friday 6 December 2013

Irandam Ulagam

In THIS world
Madhu Balakrishnan (Aarya) and Remya (Anoushka) loves each other. However, destiny has other plans and they fall apart.

In THAT world
Maruvan (Aarya) and Verna(Anoushka) get into wed-lock forcefully. But, circumstances tears them apart.

Does Madhu and Remya – Maruvan and Verna unite? Does love cross all hurdles and emerge victoriously?

This forms the storyline of Selvaraghavan’s Irandaam Ulagam.

***

Before I start my review, I have a disclaimer…
I normally like all types of movies… I always try to find something interesting about the movie. But, this movie failed to entertain the ardent movie buff within me.

Songs… Screenplay… Story… Cinematography… Background music… and whatever makes a movie into a movie, fails hopelessly here. There is nothing at all that is capable of holding audience’s attention.

Tears rolled down my cheeks… Not because the story was touchy, but I felt jailed in the theater. I desperately wished to jump out of the seat and gulp some fresh air. Yet, the movie lover in me made me wait for some magic; it never happened though.

The movie is an utter waste. I don’t know whats wrong with all the master-minds who have come together to make this movie. I felt defeated… Because I love Selvaraghavan’s intensity in narrative and Aarya’s choice of movies. The only relief was Anoushka… However, you can never figure out why she was doing what she was doing!

The moral of the story is…
Never go by big names… history and past records…
Never watch a movie on Day one…

And if you do… In spite of my warnings…
DON’T COMPLAIN!

The movie is a crap…
Don’t watch it even in television…
Not even online or via pirated CDs…

The movie is a punishment for any movie lover…

Rating
-5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment