Tuesday 17 January 2012

வேட்டை - Vettai

தம்பி ௨டையான் படைக்கஞ்சான்...


Why am I suddenly typing in Tamizh?
That may be because I have just now finished watching Lingusamy’s Vettai!
The cast consists of Madhavan (Awwww… My favorite!!)
Arya (Awwww… My favorite again!!)
Sameera Reddy and Amala Paul

Well….
I never wanted to talk about movies in my blog.
Then, I negotiated with myself, why not?
After bargaining endlessly, I decided to write about that too.
I mean, what is wrong?
I am a movie buff yaar…!

Ok…
I went to watch the movie only because Madhavan was in it!!!
And I also had faith in the movies that Lingusamy takes and the movies that Arya chooses to be a part of.
(The thing is Madhavan has a track-record of acting in boring flicks. Vaazhthukal being the worst, which I watched in theatre! I almost developed a phobia for movies and ended up theatrophobic. Anyways, that happened long before. Now, I am fully recovered and have decided to choose movies I watch rationally rather than emotionally/sentimentally. Yeah… I used to be that way…)

Oops!!! So much is already talked about me…
I am such a self-obsessed person…
I know… I know!!!

Coming back to the movie…
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
(No… I am not giving a biased review because Madhavan is there in it)


It is a story of two brothers. The older one, Madhavan, in spite of being a cop, fears everything and the younger one, Arya, is very daring. It shows the transition of the older brother from being timid to being brave. 

Apart from that, there is love in it.
(Come on… A movie without love is like the Earth without oxygen)
There are loads of fun and many LOL moments too…
But, the songs were a bit too boring…
The tolerable one is the last song.

I am a kind of person who has enjoyed Vettaikaaran (Vijay’s )…
Singam… Siruthai… Sandakkozhi… Maappillai…. Pokkiri… Ghilli…

Did you notice a pattern?
Yes… I like to watch heroism…
I like to watch movies having a format…
Hero’s introduction song…
(Vettain has introduction song for heroines too!!)
Fight… Love… Drama… Sentiments…
In short, a masala film!!

What to do aakhir dil hai Hindustani!!
If you are one among them, you will enjoy and will be ready to watch it once again…
All others will enjoy it too as a one-time watch…

So…
Thumbs up for Lingusamy’s Vettai!
(Though I strongly feel that the movie should have been named as Annan Thambi!! instead)

No comments:

Post a Comment